Author Topic: Rocklone 2016 - Charm  (Read 21102 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Re: Rocklone 2016 - Charm
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
Anytime girl.
We all have such a nice bond and I too am greatful for everyone here.
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline clara cain

« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »
so sorry, so sorry.  It is always so hard.  My riding mare had one beautiful foal.  He was great; walk on a tarp, jump jumps, graduate from parelli when he was 5 months.  He was very curious, with the gentlest personality and he died at 9 months.  It was a horrible death. They thought he had been poisoned, so they poured charcoal and oil down him, then it was a 3 day holiday.  I did not know he was not drinking, he would put his nose in the water , but could not drink.  (I have auto waters) I know better now how to check for dehydration.   By the time they got back his cbc he was already too far gone. They tried all medical things possible.  We were at the Special Hospital and he fought and fought.  They said he had 5% chance to make it and we were stupid.  We just told them to keep treating him--I guess we still believed in miracles and medicine.  He suffered.  I will never do that again.  We never did know what killed him.his kidneys failed, but looking back on it 10 years now, I think he ate a piece of plastic in the field and it perferated his gut, because that morning he was sick and would not eat, he had pooped out a little piece of plastic and he was was just dying a slow death- nothing could have saved him.  -----They asked me if I wanted just his heart cremated, his head, or the whole thing.  I was hysterical.  My husband paid for the whole thing and I still have him in a box. *********** U have to believe your baby did not suffer.  He just didn't wake up.  U did nothing wrong.  I had spent a fortune with my big horses with flu straws up their noses, shots, suppliments, and to lose him at 9 months was bad.  I can always get very emotional and cry about my little Ali Khan purebred Arabian colt.

Offline Anna

« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2017, 07:05:38 PM »
Hayley please rest assured that the sad loss of Charm's baby was not your fault. Your care for and attention to Charm was, and is, first class. For some reason destiny sadly decided that this little fella was not to be.
I hope Charm is recovering ok. Sending you huge ((((HUGS)))).

Clara, so very sorry to read your story as well, it must have been terrible for you. x

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »
Hayley, I too agree with Anna.  You can be sure nothing you did caused this little one's death.  As breeders we know sometimes things just don't go right, and we never quite know the reason.  But you are one of those who carefully watch and care for these mommas, and little ones, and it's just sad it wasn't to be.  Sending lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you.  Thank you for caring so much.

And Clara, that is such a sad story.  I'm sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you, too.  Even after this time, you make sure you understand you were doing what you thought was best for him.  Don't second-guess yourself.  He was loved and knew he was loved.  All we can do is our best, and you did. 

So, ladies, know you are loved here for the care and concern you have for your horses.  We all appreciate how much you do for good outcomes, but breeding is not for the faint-of-heart as most of us have learned over the years.  We can only do our best, and both of you did.  Sending lots of love your ways!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
So very sorry Hayley , sending massive hugs to you and charm.