Author Topic: Rocklone 2016 - Charm  (Read 21298 times)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
Re: Rocklone 2016 - Charm
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »
hmm, confusing...  I'm reading that she's between 40 & 10 % chance of foaling in the next 12 hours!  I have seen them "go down" like that, though, before they foal. 

But then, when I used a foal/mare milk test kit - it showed the mare shouldn't be anywhere close to foaling.  I was glad as we'd had a lot of rain and her stall had had water flow under the edges - getting every thing wet and nasty (plus she was just a "nasty"/unhappy stall pony).  I'd purchased the new bedding but before I could get it unloaded, I'd sat down on the couch to have a drink or to eat and I fell asleep.  I remember being tired - that was the year that was so stressful w/ me being sick & a series of MRIs tracking some things going on for me (still getting those btw) & pony girlfriend's father being sick and her providing all his care and me doing some stuff to help - I was flat out running on empty and almost every time I sat -would "pass out" - sometimes almost literally (hubby/girls would check on me).  Larry called me from work, I woke up and ran out to check mare - she's ok.  So, I put her out in the damp, sandy round pen while I unload the bedding from the truck and strip/bed the stall.  WHILE I'm doing that - she foals in the round pen.  DARN MARE!

That was 2013 and was Echo - our now 3 yr old blk/wht colt that is the sire of "Koal".
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
Guess she listened TOO well!  LOL

Oh well, just let her know now is the time, and we're all ready!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
No no i'm happy for it to stay cooking for another little while yet haha! I got some PH strips too, just for fun. How often should i test her...am/pm or once a day until it gets more serious? Ive only got a few of teh other ones so i don't want to go mad on them and might stick to every other day.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2016, 06:16:46 PM »
Twice a day is fine, unless you see things starting to drop.  We've had mares go from 7.4 to delivery in one day!  Then, we've had some go down to 6.4 and hold for a few days.  It's just how crazy they want us to be.  But once you start seeing things drop, let us know, and we'll be looking for other signs to help us gauge what she's doing and how fast she might be moving along!

Praying for a safe foaling of this precious little one!   ;pray ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2016, 01:10:11 PM »
Udder is up today and harder. Milk is more creamy, testing 7.5ph and 40% foaling probability.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2016, 05:31:57 PM »
Sounds like she's moving in the right direction, and it's so lovely that it's a weekend!! ;pray ;pray

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2016, 05:52:03 AM »
Weekends don't exist in my world :( Im working sunday but only until 5pm another lady has agreed to work teh sleep over for me. So i won't have a sleep over until Wednesday - so i'm hoping she either holds it a little longer or gets going immediately! I have 4 more shifts until my week off (and her due date week)

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2016, 01:55:39 AM »
Born 5am after NO signs, charm was lying sleeping then the next time i looked an hour later it was born! So much for foaling predictors hahahahaa i -think- its a filly, i've not looked too hard.

Offline Anna

« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2016, 03:37:30 AM »
Oh WOW!! He/she is absolutely gorgeous!  Many many CONGRATULATIONS!!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2016, 04:18:08 AM »
Wow congrats!!!what a lip Curie can't wait to see more pictures!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2016, 07:18:54 AM »
Whichever sex it is, it is stunning.  Beautifully proportioned for a newborn, and I'm a pushover for those nice long legs!!  Can't wait to see even more!!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »
I'll post more later but it's a FILLY

pretty sure it may be buckskin but dark.

What's the odds of getting the exact colour/sex wanted on my first try?!?!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2016, 08:46:09 AM »
I think the odds are good.  Remember, those foal coats can be very deceiving!  She may lighten up once she blows that coat!

She is just beautiful!!  And congratulations on a filly!  She's be just lovely in the show ring!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2016, 09:00:57 AM »
It's still quite surreal! This big wait and suddenly boom it's here. I'm still in shock.

Charms lying down and getting up a lot she must be in pain. I was going on Tuesday to get injections cause all tests said not ready! I'm going to milk her when I get home and test just for the fun of it lol

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2016, 09:02:25 AM »
Awesome ! Congrats! Can't wait to see more pictures !! :)