Author Topic: Our last foal arrived healthy and strong/Lil Beginnings banned me from renewing!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Hickory Springs

• We love raising Pure Falabellas at Hickory Springs
    • hickoryspringsfalabellas.com
Hi Everyone,
It has been awhile since I have been up on this forum due to having 2 surgeries and recovering from them.
We had our last foal about a month ago, just a few days after my surgery. My husband has been home caring for me and the minis, and the  one afternoon that my overdue mare decided to give birth was the afternoon when my husband went out running errands and grocery shopping for us with the idea that this over due mare won't foal during the heat of the day!  Yeah right...2 pm Asti was delivered by me!! Yes me, I got off the couch when watching my video cameras of the foals and the one pregnant overdue mare, when I switched  to my mare's channel to view her and saw that she was circling to go down. Holy MINI!  70 stitches across my abdomen and I am trying to jog out to the barn to deliver the wee one. I don't know how I got down on my knees to assist, but Daisy and I delivered a lively and beautiful Champagne Appaloosa colt who weighed only 10 lbs and was not quite 15" tall. Since he is a Champagne we named him Asti Spumante and call him Asti. He is a rascal, so darn cute and so full of attitude. I guess Daisy saved the best baby for last...we couldn't be happier.

On the other note, now that I have recovered from surgery and foaling season is over for us, I have decided to start advertising some minis we have for sale.

I had let my membership lapse from Lil Beginnings  last fall because I wasn't selling animals from late summer 2015 til this summer. I decided I wanted to renew my membership on Lil Beginnings to advertise like I did in the years past. I had been a member before, let my membership lapse because we were not advertising/selling and went forward to pay Debby for my renewal for Lil Beginnings a few days ago.

I paid my membership via PayPal and I received the following email from Debby refunding my money and canceling out my membership to the site!

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony International just sent you a refund

Sep 8, 2016 07:54:35 PDT
Receipt No: 0197-7840-0436-6615
Dear Debra Robison,

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony International just sent you a full refund of $42.00 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony International.

This refund will appear on your credit card statement as credit from PAYPAL *LILBEGINNIN. If you have any questions, please contact Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony International.
Merchant information
Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony International
debby@lilbeginnings.com
http://www.lilbeginnings.com

Notes from merchant
"Debra I am issuing you a refund. This account was deleted over a year ago for non payment during which months of reminders were ignored. I'm sorry but it cannot be renewed. Thank you for your past membership."

Original transaction details
Description   Unit price   Qty   Amount
Member-listing for LilBeginnings Small Horse Connect Membership Directory
Item #: MemList
Choose: One Year, Membership Type: Renew   $42.00 USD   1   $42.00 USD

Total:   $42.00 USD

Ok...I found this confusing because I did not get any messages from Debby telling me that my membership had lapsed as if the number one priority in my life would be my membership to Lil Beginnings!  Secondly, I never asked Debby to continue to feature my listing once my membership lapsed. That was her choice not mine, thirdly like any other organization, if a membership lapses it is the decision of the person whose membership has lapsed to make the decision to rejoin, or pass on membership. But, to refuse to allow me to rejoin is absurd. No reason other than I supposedly "IGNORED" her and that my info remained up on her site for a few months, again HER decision and choice, not mine.

To be treated in this manner is unprofessional, immature, and down right bad business. When people who run an organization ban people from joining their site for no good reason, it comes back to bite them in the behind.

Debby sent me a second email when I inquired as to why she had refunded my money and this is her response back to me:

"Debbie the reason was included with your refund. Your "renewal" was due over a year ago. Your listing was left up over 60 days past it's renewal with multiple notices sent and finally removed from our directory on November 1st 2015 This is no longer up to renew."

Warm regards, Debby

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse and Shetland Pony.

This is my response to her two responses:

Debby,

Any business manager who would refuse to allow someone to rejoin because their membership lapsed and therefore is being punished for not renewing immediately is unheard of. So, my understanding is this...if someone joins Lil Beginnings and does not renew their membership right a way, they will be banned from renewing? Is this stated somewhere in your policies for becoming a member? How many others have you done this to? Is this normal protocol for members who may not renew immediately?

How sad that you would treat someone who previously had paid to join Lil Beginnings, paid for banner ads,  and advertised on your site, and now cannot rejoin because you feel like not letting me do so because my membership lapsed. Your treatment towards me is underserving and unprofessional.

Regarding YOU keeping my listing information up on your site for two months past the renewal date was your doing. That was something I did NOT do! I had no control over that.  I never expected or asked you to keep my info up on your site after my membership lapsed.

Renewing ones membership, be it for magazine subscriptions, organizations and clubs is the decision of the member not the Director running the site. Members come and members go and for whatever reason they don't immediately renew a membership should not hinder any organization from allowing someone to pay for renewing a membership. That's what makes businesses survive.

Shame on you for treating your customer(s) in this manner. It is so sad you treat people this way. Spread the love Debby...don't be a hater...it's unbecoming.

May you have a wonderful day.

Debbie
Hickory Springs Falabellas

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
OMG!  She's darling, congrats on your last foal of the season.  Hope you share more pictures of your little cutie.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Such a cutie!

I'm sorry this happened to you, Deb. 

Please post your for sale horses here on our site, as people in the general public (non-members) can view our for sale page, and we're happy to see what you have for sale.

Also, our members here may have some ideas for their successes for posting horses for sale in some different locations.  I know years ago I posted on MiniHorseStreet.com and was contacted earlier this summer when it went under new management and had some new features offered.  I'm not breeding so I didn't rejoin, but you might want to look into it.

PLUS, I can't wait to see the horses you have -- extra pictures are just great!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
He is a cutie and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of him.

? - re: Lil Beginnings - is the horses for sale a paid section?  If not, are you able to post there or, due to your treatment, would you not want to?  Just curious.

Thank you for posting your experience.  I've considered starting a membership to Lil' Beginnings but have had some issues with renewal of some of my subscriptions and memberships.  Really miss the memberships that "rolled" - not due in DECEMBER.  You could do a 'scrip or a membership in June and could renew in June, not be told no, it's over in Dec and you need to renew then (losing 6 months of membership time).

Info like this helps me to make decisions of where to spend my hard earned $$ - especially when my hours are cut from 40 to 10! ...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
I've not paid a membership, but only ever used the free sale board.  No banner ads or anything fancy.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
A few equine sale board links I've saved.  Most offer free services, I don't know if they have paid upgrades or not.  [I've not really used them for selling, as I can't seem to sell mine; but have looked at horses for sale on them (of course the ones I like are hundreds of miles away or out of my budget).]

http://www.dreamhorse.com/

http://www.equinenow.com/horses.htm

https://www.horsetopia.com/

http://www.horseclicks.com/

http://www.horseweb.com/
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Hickory Springs

• We love raising Pure Falabellas at Hickory Springs
    • hickoryspringsfalabellas.com
Here are new pics of our Champagne Appaloosa Falabella blend colt...Asti!  So tiny and so feisty! :)

*I pulled up the MinisHorseStreet.com site...looks great!  And I would not want to become a member of Lil Beginnings ever again being treated in such a poor manner.

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
I am sorry that happened to you on Lil Beginnings, seems that kind of attitude is the norm on that forum these days, and its such a shame.

There are several miniature horse sales pages on FB. I sold a very nice fewspot quickly that way. If your on FB I can add you as friend and add you to those pages. :)
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
OMG!  Asti is so cute. 
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Oh, he is a doll!!!

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

He is lovely , what a cute face :)

Offline Lnight89

He's just adorable! Sorry about Lil beginnings! I was on there for a week and got pms 3 times a day saying I was doing things wrong and got my posts deleted so I haven't went back. Hope you are healing well from surgery!