Author Topic: See you in a few days :)  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Lnight89

See you in a few days :)
« on: August 23, 2016, 02:28:37 PM »
I'm off to bring my middle daughter for surgery tomorrow morning ! Hope everyone has a good week!

Offline Ryan

Re: See you in a few days :)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 06:38:40 PM »
Hope everything goes well with the surgery :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:05:57 PM »
Praying a safe outcome, and a smooth recovery.   ;pray ;pray ;pray

Keep us posted, as you know we are here for you!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »
Thanks guys :) this one is just a simple tonsillectomy. We have to stay a few nights after for precaution because she actually had a heart transplant when she was 12 months old :) she's a tough one!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 09:32:03 PM »
WOW~ that's really something!  But we're still praying for a safe surgery and an uneventful and speedy recovery!   ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 02:52:24 PM »
Hope all goes well!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 03:22:51 PM »
Everything went super smooth finally back at home! Was only a day and a half but felt like a month! I can never sleep at hospitals! Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
Glad everything went well :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 08:05:27 PM »
This is GREAT news!!!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »
Glad all went well and your back home!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 09:10:14 PM »
Thanks :) was only gone a few days but I came home and the first thing my husband said was " I don't know how you have time to do all this ( reffering to the animals) and take care of the house and kids" haha he was exhausted

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 08:16:47 AM »
Yes, we moms are great multi-taskers!

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 06:40:55 PM »
I'm glad everything went smoothly and that hubby survived being in charge. Heart surgery as a baby! *shudder* I bet you've stories to share.

Any time someone mentions tonsillectomy, I remember what happened to my poor mom when I had mine out. My dad was in the Army at the time.  She had 4 children aged 7 (me), 5, 3, and 3-4 MONTHS. The day after my surgery, my dad had to have his removed as an emergency surgery. So mom had to run back and forth between two hospitals. Seems like I remember staying in the hospital 3 nights, the one before and two after. Dad wasn't so lucky. He had complications....and then the mumps! That timeframe is the only time I ever remember my mom not seeming to be in control of herself--even when she went active duty herself 10 years later.

Did you daughter get the "you'll like getting a tonsillectomy because you'll get to eat Popsicles and ice cream" pep talk? Or did she miss out on it because of previous surgery? Is she a tomgirl? What did she have to say about it?
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »
I'm of the generation when if 1 kid in the family needed their tonsils out -- everyone had them out at the same time.

My sister needed hers out, and so of course, I had to have my healthy tonsils out too.  She stood up in the crib that night in the hospital singing Christmas carols, and I had to go back to surgery 3 times to have my sinuses repacked and some other minor surgeries because they couldn't stop the bleeding.  So she went home the next day and I was there 3 days -- and I never even needed mine out!  Thank goodness they stopped that practice!!

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 08:55:36 PM »
Yeah everything is still going great. I brought my kids and my mom to our cottage to recoop!

Oh my gosh your poor mom and poor you and dad! Thank goodness they don't practice the let's do everyone's now! My other two girls are terrified of hospitals! Grace could care less. She is 4 now and got her Iv and was like " OK bye momma going to get my tonsils out now love you" and they brought her in lol

Yeah when she had her heart transplant she was 15 months her sister had just turned 2 and I was 38 weeks pregnant with the third! That was an awful time. She was on a life machine before hand for 99 days prior to keep her alive too:(  now she is the toughest most crazy girl! She is SUCH a Tom girl , takes after me lol they told her she could have Popsicles and stuff but after only 40 minutes after she woke up she was screaming for real food lol after 3 hours they gave in and gave her a pasta dinner with the bun and everything then ate for 5 hours straight at the hospital. They couldn't believe how fats she bounced back. I told them when she first went in that she'd be begging for food ASAP because food is her favourite thing lol