Author Topic: Smudge's Foaling Page  (Read 10564 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Re: Smudge's Foaling Page
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 09:49:07 PM »
Unless you have it connected to your computer, then I might could help...
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Julia and Smudge

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 10:01:21 PM »
Just took this picture from a screen shot on my tablet. Couldn't believe how "dropped" her belly looked tonight. I know it's not a very accurate angle, but she looks more dropped than any other day! (I hope the picture works!)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 10:11:52 PM »
That looks good. Watch her closely, she could be planning a surprise for you! And as Ryan said, you'll have the first baby born here!!!  Very exciting. Praying for a safe and uneventful delivery of a healthy little one!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Julia and Smudge

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 10:15:30 PM »
How cool! Let's hope Smudge co-operates!! :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »
Since you can see her in a full side view, look for baby to be a bit forward of center in her belly. That and being slab-sided would indicate baby is in position. That doesn't guarantee anything except baby is in position. As you know they can hang on for a long time, but once baby is safely on the ground, you'll forget how tiring the wait is.
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Renée

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 03:45:40 AM »
wow, it looks like I have joined the party just in time :) She will be delivering that parcel soon.
What app do you use to watch her on your phone? I am sure I can watch her too and I am in Italy so awake when you are asleep.

Offline Julia and Smudge

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 12:07:03 PM »
Well, Smudge kept us up all night with her strange behaviour and still nothing! I took some new pictures today for everyone to see. Got more fluid out of her udder again today and it was still the clear really sticky stuff. Mom and I leave for vacation tomorrow, so tonight will be Smudge's last chance to have the baby with us here. At this point, we're convinced she's waiting until we leave :(

Offline Renée

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »
Oh wow, these pics look very promising. Her hooha is nice and puffy and I would expect it to get shiny so have a look tonight and have a look inside to see if it is red. Her udder looks a good size and her tits are pointing straight down. She looks ready to me  :D
What app do you use to watch her on your phone?

Offline Julia and Smudge

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »
We use the MyDLink app to watch on our phone/tablet. I sure hope she has it tonight, that would be just perfect!

Offline Renée

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 03:49:15 PM »
I hope she does too, try and get some rest before tonight as you will need to be watching her closely. Sending prayers and positive thoughts that all goes well and I look forward to seeing baby pics  ;D

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
I keep checking in! She is looking closer!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Julia and Smudge

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »
Someone on the other foaling forum said that it's really weird she hasn't foaled yet and her belly "doesn't look extremely large" and mentioned a false pregnancy. Now I'm freaking out and worried that she's not actually in foal, but we've seen the baby move a number of times and even have it on video. Should I be worried? She's showing all signs to me and I'm having a hard time believing it's a false pregnancy. I think I just need some reassurance!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »
Take a look at my mare Tana in the "you think your maiden is pregnant" thread at the top of this forum.  Pictures of her not looking very pregnant in the morning, and baby on the ground in the afternoon.  [I wasn't prepared for her to go at 307 days, so hadn't been checking her udder, so don't know what that was doing.  Her little guy is 4 years old now.]
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Renée

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 04:31:43 PM »
I can assure you that she has a bun in the oven and it looks cooked to me. If I were you I would be up all night tonight watching her on your ipad, I don't think she will go much longer. How is she behaving today? Is she out in a herd during the day or in her stall? If she is with others, they often wonder off when they are due, they seem to want to be away from the others.

Offline Julia and Smudge

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 04:49:37 PM »
She's our only mini and we don't turn her out with the big horses. She's dropping and rolling a lot today and doesn't seem very interested in food. I will be up all night watching her hoping for a foal!!