Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

ANY GOAT PEOPLE OUT THERE?????

(1/6) > >>

Suebe:
Ok I noticed a week ago my only LaMancha doe goat who lives with 3 wethers, I've had them all about 6 years. Anyway she has huge utters :O what would cause this and can a wether grow a new testical Hahahaha! ;) no but really why would this happen?

Chanda:
I don't have goats, but I'm pretty sure I've read about does bagging up without being bred.  There's a name for, but I don't recall what that might be.
Hopefully someone that knows more will post.

dcwolcott:
I've not had it happen when I had goats, but heck -- they can't grow a NEW testicle, but if they were a crypt with one left inside and not removed when neutering, then it would certainly be possible!  LOL

Lnight89:
Hey! I have lamancha goats and there is a term for that Precocios lactation, it can happen in strong dairy milk breeds such as lamancha :) I wouldn't worry too much! I'm more worried that my 6 month old lamancha doe is pregnant already :s I just bought this doe and she was kept with a full grown stud buck. The lady said they don't go into heat until august but I've been reading up and it says they can in fact go into heat earlier and I've been steadily watch her belly get rounder and rounder :s all her goat mates that I feed the equal amount to are nice and thin :s

dcwolcott:
Well, keep us posted!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version