Author Topic: Hows the weather ?  (Read 10520 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Hows the weather ?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »
Yes, it was 41 degrees here this morning....in sunny Florida!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2017, 07:55:17 PM »
OMG is that 41 degrees Celsius Diane ?

As we put it here that is "Stinking Hot" :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2017, 08:11:21 PM »
It's getting warm, I think only 40s, maybe low 50s (F); but warm enough to have melted our snow rapidly and run our creek fast and wide.
Pictures of our driveway underwater, and the pasture creek crossing.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
Lovely photos of your country side :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2017, 03:33:11 AM »
We have just had big storms the past few days, with about 100 mills of rain. Now its just extremely humid and very uncomfortable, but the rain was much needed! We are expecting some big storms over the weekend as well to add to it.

We had a beautiful foggy morning this morning and I think our partially flooded yard made the photo prettier!

Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2017, 05:53:09 AM »
OMG is that 41 degrees Celsius Diane ?

As we put it here that is "Stinking Hot" :)

No, Fahrenheit!  So, cold for Florida!  :D
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:57 PM »
Chanda - that's not a creek - that a RIVER!!  and it looks like it's moving enough to move a vehicle right off of your driveway...  :(

It was depressing to hear from our daughter while she was in MT and here that the snow disappeared in a hurry and it went to 50* F while we were only at 12*F for a low and 25* for a high the same day!  Her little car (can't remember what it is) didn't make it up the hill at my mom's place while it was snowy and then couldn't make it up in the mud either!  She states that's the worst 6 days she's ever spent somewhere (I just looked at her and stated "NOPE - U weren't caught in a Super 8 Motel for 5 full days in a blizzard w/ 2 trailers of ponies (6 total), a dog in the bed of the truck - her dog house strapped in, and 3 tots -oldest 7 & youngest 3.5yrs" - the horror on her face was PRICELESS & she was the youngest when we got caught in blizzard in April 1997.  That was before "instant weather" on cell phones, satellite & Dish TV.  She asked "How did you EVER survive?"   :o  )

U R right Carly - that is a really COOL pic!
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »
Chanda's last pictures are the perfect example of "Big Sky" country. And I agree with Paula, I'd be concerned about crossing that creek. Is it flash flooding, or is that just a typical high water in spring creek?

As for my place, we've averaged about 10 degrees cooler than at Paula's place....and much dryer. Our frozen precipitation (sleet) event on the 7th of January was just a dusting, while my work (26 miles away) got 2 inches of snow. This week's frozen precipitation event resulted in about an inch of snow, and a teensy bit of a miniature blizzard. The micro climate I have on my tiny property is very interesting to be learning. A good portion of the wind bounces over us. We are just under the crest of a hill. The prevailing winds come behind us and skip along the tree tops most of the time. This week they DID NOT. I can handle cold. I can handle wet. I handle wind....but not all three together! BRRRRRR!!  Temps down to 18 then add a windchill is NOT fun. For once, Lucky didn't take off her pajamas (dog coat.) She's finally figured out that "do you want to put on your pajamas" means she won't freeze her buns off.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »
Chanda's last pictures are the perfect example of "Big Sky" country. And I agree with Paula, I'd be concerned about crossing that creek. Is it flash flooding, or is that just a typical high water in spring creek?
We usually only have this type of water, if we have early warm temps so the snow melts but the ground is frozen, so it all runs off, rather than soaking in.   We've had it a couple times in the last few years.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2017, 06:32:56 PM »
Thats 5 degrees celsius , freezing Diane.

Its starting to cool down here , so hopefully its starting to warm up for you all. We had 50mls of rain over the last two days , which we certainly needed.

Winter coats are starting to grow and we wind the clocks forward this weekend an hour.

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 07:42:09 PM »
That's interesting Ryan. We turned our clocks forward (what will be on this coming Sunday) two weeks ago. I thought that was just an American custom. Why do y'all do it?
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »
Whoops I meant to say we wind them backwards :)

I wish it was all year round , it would make life so much easier !!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »
Its freezing here at the moment. Half of the country has been gripped by flooding due to Cyclone debbie. Ive been speaking to Carly by text and they have had alot of rain.

There is something really nice about autumn, especially the sunsets, just not looking forward to winter arriving.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »
What a BEAUTIFUL picture!!!  Carly's picture of her flooding is horrid.  I'm so sorry for her and the family -- looks like they got hit pretty hard.

But thank you Ryan for this beautiful sunset!!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2017, 11:46:22 PM »
Thankyou :)

This is just about setting in the middle of our property. It will set off to the right throughout winter and sets  to the left in summer.

They have had 500-600mls of rain so far. Where Carly is the weather is very Tropical so when it rains, it buckets down. Mother nature sure has a way of expressing herself, hope that everyone is ok  ;pray