Author Topic: Tinkerbell - New Colt !!  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Ellesan

Re: Tinkerbell - New Colt !!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 10:41:21 PM »
Cute pic Chanda!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 12:17:15 AM »
Thank you.
Just so others know, it's a fly collar that Hayley is wearing.
And, I just noticed how much fuzzier my 2012 foals were than this year's, and this years were born a month earlier (all end of May).  [2012 foals were born in June and July.]
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 08:07:01 AM »
Ellesan - 2 things - no, not all colts OR fillies are that forward and un-afraid!  LOL!!!!  AND be careful w/ pool noodles.  If he's anything like our babies, he'll tear them apart and he can ingest part of one creating either or both a choke or colic incident.  Neither would be "pretty" or easy to deal with, trust me on that.

I love the "meet and greet" photos and have a few myself -

Always liked this one even though neither of the fillies was "greeting" at the time (that one didn't turn out,unfortunately) -

and this one taken two years earlier of a sligtly older filly (about 2.5 months old?), when we went to a friend's barn (she was a trainer and a riding instructor - not sure she's doing either now) -

Chanda - my 3 babies this year - the fillies are curlier/thicker coated than previously and "Koal", the colt, is denser coated of a medium length.  I equate it with the temps dropping like crazy (3 days or so before "Chylly" was born on 6 May, it dropped to 28*!!) right before they were born.  NOW we are having crazy heat/humidity!  It's going to be a heat index of 110* today ...  I may put up shelters that the mares/babies can get to and I'm wondering if it's not time to move them back to the "JR" mares paddock where they can get under the trees AND do a lot more galloping and jumping about...

Here, I also think that the denser/thicker coats protect them somewhat when they are in direct sunlight/heat.  I could be wrong and right now, right or wrong, I wish/want to body clip them soooo bad!  Chylly would sunburn, though!

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 10:10:29 AM »
Mine seem just fine with the coat they have, seems to be just right for protection.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly