Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

Silver Plate White Lightning 2017 Foaling Hopefuls

(1/6) > >>

HarmonyMeadows:
So after a month in the barn nursing an eye injury, Lightning is back to good form and went out with his two girls today, Flying W Farms Poetry In Motion (Poe) and O'Henry's War Bonnet (Skye). He sure was happy to get out there but he was still a gentleman. Loving this boy! Poe is 17 this year so I am really hoping she catches. Not many more chances left for her. But she is in good shape and you would never know her age the way she prances round like the queen she is! Skye is a bit more laid back and at 5 years old is just ready to start making her mark on the world. She is a chestnut medicine hat so hopefully we will get a lovely spotted palomino. I am hoping to test everyone to see what we are working with color wise. Poe is black but I want to see if she is hetero or homozygous. Skye I will test Red/Black and Agouti and probably a pattern combo. I am pretty sure she is chestnut but with so little color showing it is tough to tell for sure. I only have partial pics of her mom so it is possible for silver to be hiding there. ;)  Lightning is said to be cremello but it doesn't hurt to check for sure, especially with the double dilutes. So I will check Red/Black and Agouti with him and LWO as well just to be safe.
Very much looking forward to seeing these new additions. I think Poe's baby will be stunning! Skye's foal will be a keeper for sure. With both her and Lightning's laid back attitudes, baby should be a winner!!
Pics are in my gallery. I will try to post more soon! The wait will be long with one older mare and one maiden but definitely worth it. Poe was with Lightning for a few days in May, from May 7th to the 15th so slim chance she may have caught then. Otherwise we start foal watch mid to late May 2017!

HarmonyMeadows:
So with Lightning's DNA results we should be expecting the following foals. We are hoping to test the girls but for now we have to kind of guess their status.

Lightning x Poe = Smoky Black or Palomino

Lightning x Skye = Solid Palomino or Pinto patterned Palomino

I am really curious to see Skye's tests. She is a very minimal colored medicine hat so it will be interesting to see what patterns are at play.

I am still on the fence but hoping next year to breed him to my bay mare, Tsuki (To The Moon And Back- AMHR registered). She made a beautiful baby when we got her so would really like to try again. But we shall see. One year at a time! LOL

dcwolcott:
We're ready to watch!!  Maybe you can post a couple of pictures of the girls?

Lnight89:
Oh nice! I'd love pictures of the girls too!

HarmonyMeadows:
Here are the girls. Poe is the black and Skye the chestnut medicine hat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version