Author Topic: Hi friends :)  (Read 918 times)

Offline Classic K Miniatures

Hi friends :)
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:53 PM »
First of all huge thanks to Holly for sending me the link and to Diane for approving me 

Not quite sure the reasons for starting it I guess lil beginnings were tightening things up? I'm sure you can update me.

Anyway it's been ages since I've posted anything on my ponies so to start here's an update on my ponies, most of you will know my ponies but a rehash for those who don't. I'm from Sydney Australia I have 4 horses,
a 26 year old stock horse "Smartie" he's just been diagnosed with Cushings which is a bit sad.
A small horse made "Penny" who is Smarties paddock companion
Miniature pony mare "Suzie" who I breed with and show
Miniature pony yearling Colt "Pippin" suzies baby who is currently being shown.

I can't remember what I'd last been up to since posting last on lil B Pippin has had an amazing start to his show career late last year and early this year he was shown by myself quite successfully winning quite a few classes and receiving a few champions and reserves be then qualified for our Royal Easter show! Big achievement so in March we took him to his first Royal (many scary rides and loud noises and strange ppl and places) I couldn't be more proud of how my baby went! He worked his little heart out for me the class was Colt 2 years and under (up against the big two year olds) there was 6 in the class and my little man came 2nd!!!!! To come 2nd at the Royal at any age is fantastic but for his first Royal! I was beyond thrilled I was almost crying lol.

He went to a few more shows after that and did really well has been on a break for the last 2 months then on the weekend I took him to a young stock show where he got 1st yearling Colt, champion Colt or stallion SUPREME miniature pony!!! Considering he hadn't had any work besides a practice the day before and just before the show I was so so happy with him, I got some really beautiful comments on him and he was such a good boy.

He'll have a few more shows coming up next month then he'll be 2 on the 1st August! Hard to believe isn't it!

My plan is to find a nice stallion to put Suzie in foal to October/November and at the same time have a go at breeding Penny to Pippin at the same time!! Which is very exciting

Suzie will get shown a bit more before being put in foal she has been doing very well also.

I'll try post some pics soon, just need to resize them :)

Looking forward to catching up with you all on here.
Cassie

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: Hi friends :)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 12:10:51 AM »
Yeah!   Good to see you.
Sounds like most everyone is doing well.   Cushing's isn't necessarily a death sentence, but it does take a little work; and with proper meds, diet and farrier work most live a comfortable life, some even still work.  [I did put my Cushing's gelding down this spring, but I was overwhelmed with my numbers and stress in other areas of my life.   He was given to me, and was sick from day one; so I wasn't as attached as I am to some, and I was just played out.]
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:07:16 AM »
Oh Cassie!!  Welcome!  And I can't wait to see those pictures!

Congratulations on the showing!  Can't wait to hear and see more!  Headed to work, or I'd type more!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:05:15 PM »
Hey Cassie

Great to see you here and congratulations on your showing results

Hope all is going well for you :)

Ryan :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 07:47:28 PM »
I am so happy you joined us, Cassie.  Tell us more about the kids and how the showing is going.  And you KNOW we want to see pictures of these favorites of ours!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Anna

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 02:59:56 AM »
Hi Cassie!  Great to hear from you again and to catch up with some of your news - very eciting and many congrats on the show successes. Cant wait to see some pics of the gang.  Give the precious Suz a hug from me please.   O:-)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 07:44:10 AM »
PIppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YEA, Pippin!  Congrats, Cassie.  I remember drooling over this colt when he was born, though I have to admit I didn't recognize the Classic K farm/poster name...

Welcome back.  I'm looking forward to seeing more in the continuing saga of Pippin and Suzie.  Do you have current pics? 

Have you chosen a stallion for Suzie yet or do you have choices to make?  If choices, are you going to be able to post pics (was it you that did that previously?) of them so we can all drool over which one(s) you are looking at?
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC