Author Topic: It's me again!  (Read 3919 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: It's me again!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2020, 03:42:28 PM »
Just drove in the driveway from my weeks in Texas with Katy!!  And of course, here was the first place to visit!!!

All is fine there and I had a fabulous time, but I also shared a cold -- or what we thought was a cold, but turned out to be some pine tree pollen in record quantities that had my nose running, and me coughing and hacking!  Some hot toddys and warned wine took care of those symptoms -- and I enjoyed every minute of the "drinking".   ::)

Katy and her family are wonderful, and Katy got to take off all of last week, with son Tommy coming with his family from a Saturday to this past Saturday, so had lots of grandchildren to enjoy with lots of things to do!!  The Grandkids had so much fun together that there is talk about not just doing one summer week together, but expanding to a second week each year!   Works for me!!

Katy's kids were crying last night with Grandma leaving, so I had to promise I'd be back in April -- which they thought was really too far away and I should come sooner.  Does my heart so good to have such wonderful grandkids to enjoy!

Love your "feral" minis statement.  And I can't believe you'll be 80 in a couple of years.  Where does the time go!  So, Happy Belated Birthday -- sorry we missed it!  And I hope we all enjoy a healthy and profitable 2020! 

Lots and lots of prayers coming your way daily, Ryan, for the terrible situation  Australia is suffering through.  Be safe and keep us posted on your safety.  Wish we could do more to help, but PRAYER WORKS and I'm sending prayers to keep you and yours safe!

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »
Happy new year :)

I'm glad you both had a wonderful Christmas, it went extremely fast and like both of you, we had heaps of people staying as we held xmas day this year. We always have boxing day at home but this year we had both. I was exhausted by the end of the 26/12.

Thankyou both for your well wishes. I cant even put into words what is happening here. I'm ok where I am but many other parts of the country are not and could really use every prayer possible. 

What we could really use is "Rain"  ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray

Offline Anna

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 02:53:10 PM »
How are things going over there now Ryan? Have you had some of this rain or has it not reached your area yet? Some of the flooding from the heavy rain in the fire areas is causing havoc - you just cant win with the awful weather, so very upsetting.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 07:43:01 PM »
We have had a little bit, but not near as much as they told us was coming. I spent all day cleaning up outside as they had forecast major storms.

We had a few good downpours last nigh,t but I am happy they are getting it where needed most.  ;pray

Offline Ryan

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2020, 10:21:42 PM »
Whats everyone else been up too ?

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2020, 09:24:32 AM »
I've been getting caught back up on household chores, doing a lot of babysitting (everyday after school for 2 of my grandkids that were having a bad time with "afterschool care"), finishing up a couple of federal grants and setting up to do some good reading!  Got some new books that I'm anxious to start.

I REALLY need to focus on the household chores and clean up, but keep finding a way to put it off!  LOL
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Anna

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2020, 02:58:56 PM »
LOL!! Diane - who wants to do mundane tasks when there are many more interesting things to do?? We have a notice hanging in our little barn saying "You may touch the dust but please don't write messages in it" lol!!
Glad to hear that you are getting some rain Ryan, it must also be a great relief elsewhere in Australia - as long as it doesn't cause too much flooding.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2020, 04:39:12 PM »
I have to track a copy of that sign Anna, thats great :).

Thanks Anna , they have predicted another major front of rain tonight  ;pray

Cant wait to hear about the books after you have read them Diane:)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2020, 09:51:46 AM »
Ryan, if you find a copy of that WONDERFUL SIGN, let me know where you found it.  Anna, that is the BEST sign I've heard of!!

Hope the rain keeps coming to help put out the fires Ryan, WITHOUT flooding and causing other damage!   ;pray ;pray ;pray

Offline Anna

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2020, 02:49:53 PM »
Oh it's nothing special (the sign) Diane and Ryan, just a decorated plastic type thing about 3"x8". I found it in  the market at our local small town. Next time I go in I will have a looksee in case they have more lurking around - could always send you both one if I find any.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2020, 04:50:24 PM »
It has rained all night  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

We would have had 50mls so far and its still raining !!

Diane, whats this I am reading on the news? Frozen Iguanas as the temps are so cold in Florida at the moment ??

Anna, hows the weather treating you over in the UK?

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2020, 08:18:22 PM »
It has rained all night  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

We would have had 50mls so far and its still raining !!

Diane, whats this I am reading on the news? Frozen Iguanas as the temps are so cold in Florida at the moment ??

Anna, hows the weather treating you over in the UK?
Sounds like below 40 degrees and the iguanas freeze up.  [That's 40F.]   They usually come out of it when it warms back up, and you're just supposed to leave them be.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2020, 09:04:03 AM »
Yes, because they're cold-blooded reptiles, when it gets too cold they just go into "cold-induced hibernation" and fall out of the trees. 

Of course, in the State of Florida the State is encouraging homeowners and others to kill the "Green Iguanas" that are not native to Florida and have invaded the state, killing the native species, ruining seawalls, sidewalks, landscaping, etc.  They grow large and have infested much of the state.  The "Green Iguana" is not a cutie -- the males can grow up to 5 feet long (1.5 meters) and weigh nearly 20 pounds (9 kilograms).  NOT a cutes little thing that might fall out of a tree.

And worse, female green iguanas can lay nearly 80 eggs a year and South Florida?s warm climate is perfect for the prehistoric-looking animals. Iguanas are native to Central America, tropical parts of South America and some Caribbean islands and were brought to Florida by the "pet trade". 

Offline Ryan

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2020, 05:06:29 PM »
I had no idea it actually got that cold there, for some reason I always thought it was hot or warm in Florida.

They sound like a pest, especially if they are killing native wildlife.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »
Yes they are.   

We've had some very cold weather lately -- down in the 30's (32 here the other morning) and in past winters it's been down to 15-17 degrees.  The key is, it doesn't last long (at least not long enough for me) and I'm sure the orange growers are glad the cold goes away quickly -- as they have their "smudge pots" fired up to keep the air in the grove warm enough to NOT freeze the fruit.

I like the cold -- as I'm an Adirondack Mountain New Yorker, but my kids all love this warm weather, so here I am!  Can't say I'm complaining too much at this age, as I don't miss plugging in the car to keep the block warm, or shoveling snowy driveways, etc., but still love having the house VERY cold especially at night, and love it when it's cold enough to keep the house around 65 without having to run the A/C -- which is why I'm getting the Grandchildren some blankets for their "after-school" tv watching!  LOL