Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

Do you think Willow is in foal?

<< < (48/49) > >>

Holly:
Yes still sending good thoughts for Willow and Carley

paintponylvr:
Carly - you could also "double use" that water that you use for soaking the hay.  If you have any type of flowers, veggies, fruit - gardens or trees, soak the hay near them.  Then when you dump the water and rinse the hay, pour the "used" water onto the garden plants.  They can utilize it and they will thank you!  Then you have an empty container to carry the hay back to Willow with - then start again.

Yes, it can/does add another step, but one that works for you with no waste & lots of happy, nodding little plants that become big, happy producing plants for you.

Carly Rae:
I have been slowly reducing Willows doses over the past few days, as its been over a week, 2 weeks on Wednesday.
We are down to 2mls of Bute and is being reduced every day. I wanted to see how lame she was, but had to take her off the sand to get more room to see her fully walk.
When we were out of her pen, her head was up and all she wanted to do was trot around and stretch her legs. I let her have a bit of a walk, but didn't want to push our luck and have her out running too long, just to be sure, the last thing I want to do is make anything worse. And I don't want to get too excited with her still being on bute, but it shines a bit of light down the tunnel to see her feeling better. 😊

Our farrier was out Friday and gave her a trim too, he also said that he has seen many pony owners in the exact same boat as us lately.
We are looking to buy a few grazing muzzles for her and my other tubby minis, its been a big wake up call.

Rocklone:
So glad she's doing well :)

Silver City Heritage Farm:
Wonderful news Carly Rae! Since you're headed into fall/winter, I'm hoping you'll have an easier time of managing her now. Just don't let her sad expression and your own (possibly) guilty  conscience sway you from keeping to the strict feeding regimen she needs.

Keep up the good work. We're looking forward to continued improvement....and photos. You KNOW we like photos!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version