Message Boards > General Discussion

experience w/ home made brews?

<< < (2/2)

Chanda:
Spirulina is supposed to be an immune boost.   I've given it to my horses but not taken it myself.   You can find it in health food stores and drug stores; and then herb places as well.   springtime, Inc has wafers for horses and tablets for people.  [Tablets would probably be easier to take, as the powder goes airborne easily.]

dcwolcott:
I'm a big fan of Echinacea myself.  I made my kids take it faithfully while they were away at school, and in all the years they were in school, only Katy had a bad cold ONCE!

So having raised a "herd" of children, I swear by it!

paintponylvr:
Holly - Thanx.  I have been doing something like smoothies for a while.  I have a Nutri-bullet and make spinach, berry, banana fruit drinks.  Have done different fruits, nuts & oils added.  Currently - just looking at the NB makes me turn a bit green - instead I've gone a bit crazy on both whole fruits and fruit juice (mostly some form of cranberry)...

Chanda - will have to look into Spirulina.  I'd heard of it, but haven't tried or really looked into that one yet.

Diane - I plan on planting and harvesting our own Echinacea ourselves next year.  I know that somewhere I have a bag of it around but not sure where.  There is the possibility that I put it in the compost pile due to it's age - I wasn't using it regularly and it was a HUGE bag from a friend several years ago.

Silver City Heritage Farm:
I'm following this thread with interest, as I've always wanted to use holistic methods. I've not used some of the resources I've acquired in 2016. Between the move, getting set up, the hurricane and the arrival of our niece, I've let circumstances control me instead of controlling my circumstances.

Anyway, I need to send Paula a plan for an upright trickle feed garden that I think will work for herbs. I'm liking this thread A LOT!!  Anyone who wants to share the properties of common plants feel free to do so. As I learn, I will share too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version