Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

Hairy topic...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ryan:
My cousin messaged me with the same question last year. "Do all Preg mares start shedding earlier" ?

Her mare Ruby, was indeed pregnant at the time ( which we knew) , however as she was shedding even before spring arrived.

I asked my vet and she said not all preg mares shed earlier , but quite a few do. She doesn't believe its entirely a "pregnancy" thing ( and only because its not medically proven to be that)

However, from the pregnant mares she deals with , she has noticed "most" start to drop coats earlier.

Chanda:
Thanks.

Another reason I asked... Baybe is shedding too, about the same as Sophia.  Now she spends pretty much everyday turned out with Che`, and I didn't turn in a service report, as they have had the same living arrangements the last 6 years (the first 6 months she was pregnant, but we lost the foal) without any pregnancy.   
Sophia and Baybe are the only two with noticeable shedding.  Will check the boys more closely, but none of the other mares that I know weren't exposed have any loose hair.

Ryan:
Sounds like we might have double the exciting news coming from HC Minis this year  ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray

Chanda:

--- Quote from: Ryan on February 12, 2018, 10:07:03 PM ---Sounds like we might have double the exciting news coming from HC Minis this year  ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray

--- End quote ---
Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath.

dcwolcott:
My fingers are crossed!!   ;pray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version