Message Boards > General Discussion

Arrrggghhhh!!!!! - dog topic...

<< < (3/10) > >>

Ryan:
When Laila broke her leg I had to use the sedatives to keep her calm. Being a boxer she was trying to bounce off the walls and it was a mission in itself trying to keep her calm let alone the leg to heal.

I had a little trouble in the beginning and ended up asking for stronger sedatives, which did the trick. I had one of those Elizabethan collars on for a week and that really helped. By the time I took the collar off she had stopped trying to get at the cast.

Maybe you could get something from the feed store that he can chew ( toy or long lasting bone chew). Just thinking of something along the lines of distracting him from the leg.

Hope a good nights sleeps is headed your way tonight. Ive been awake siince 2:30am so roll on 5pm :)

dcwolcott:
Just sending prayers.  No brilliant ideas!   ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray and a few extra for good measure  ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray

Chanda:
Rough didn't touch his first cast, but that second cast he was annoyed by it from the beginning.  We'll see how he does with this splint.  The vet did go with stronger sedative this time.  He's doing ok tonight, but we have four weeks to get through.

Ryan:
Just checking in to see how the patient is doing ? :)

Chanda:
Not too bad.  Lightly sedated to be safe, he's had his 2-3 constitutionals, and I just ordered a couple dental chews and busy toys to keep him occupied.   After I feed horses, it'll be time to take him for another walk before we're in for the night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version