Message Boards > General Discussion

Went to an auction today...

(1/3) > >>

Chanda:
No it's not a horse!

Got two 12' gates for my mare pen.  I put in the gate posts this summer, and I've been using a couple of my panels to fill in the "hole".  I think I got a good deal, as the ones we looked at in town, different brand, were $175 each for new 12' gates.   I paid $90 each for these gates, and they look new, just missing the hinge part that goes into the post (I think we can buy replacements or Shayne can build them); there is hardly any paint chipped off.   A neighbor is hauling them home for me, since I had my short-box pickup, and couldn't haul 12' anything in it.  He has to return our portable loading chute, so can do both at the same time (return chute and deliver gates); I bought him supper for his trouble.
Much of what was at the auction looked fairly new; estate sale, the guy passed away a couple years ago, or so I heard.   Prices were all over the place on the livestock panels and equipment; some went nearly new prices, and others was good price.  I would have liked some of the panels, too; but budget only allows for the two gates.
If I think of it, I'll get pictures when they are hung; but no idea how long that'll take.

dcwolcott:
I LOVE your leading in line!  Exactly what we were all thinking, I'll bet!

Sounds like a good deal.  Those gates are expensive, and although selling the property where I used to have my horses, I'm giving my son about 4 12-foot gates and a couple of 4-foot gates for his property, as we're putting in new fence line there, and once done, I may get a horse or two again.  I miss having them for sure....miss burying my face in a mane and the wonderful smell of them.

Oh well, good deal!

Holly:
Sounds like a good deal!

Anna:
I think you got a good deal there Chanda especially with your neighbour being able to get them home for you. Well done!

Ryan:
I agree , you got a bargain for sure :)

Slightly off topic................ Diane , I was reading your post below, Best news !! and will be the best medicine for you :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version