Message Boards > General Discussion

Well, that's interesting...

(1/2) > >>

Chanda:
My skinny, 3-footed cat is hyper thyroid.
Two years ago, I took her to the vet for weight loss, and discovered she had one tooth that was a little tender, vet didn't feel a dental was in order as it wasn't that bad, and she was probably just sensitive, so gave her a pain reliever and sent her on her way. She maintained or even gained some weight for awhile; but this summer she dropped weight, but acts hungry all the time, and will walk away from food. I was going to wait til after harvest to take her to the vet; but as we are having a weather delay, I made the appointment early and got her in today. Decided if she would probably have to have a dental, we should probably go ahead with basic bloodwork to determine if it was safe to do surgery on her, as she's 10 years old. When I talked to the vet, she suggested thyroid test too, due to age, and weight loss history. Her thyroid levels are elevated, along with I think it was liver levels (but we were also talking kidney levels too); vet figures liver levels are elevated due to weight loss and her body using fat stores for energy. Anyway, she starts meds today, and should show improvement in about 2 weeks, maybe sooner; and will have levels tested again in a month. I got the transdermal meds for ease of administering while her appetite isn't good.

Holly:
Awee. Sure hope it helps miss kitty and she improves quickly ❤

Chanda:
I hope she turns around quickly.

dcwolcott:
You are such a good kitty momma to keep such a careful eye on all the kitties and notice changes.

KUDOS for how much you care!!   O:-)

Chanda:

--- Quote from: dcwolcott on September 28, 2019, 06:06:12 PM ---You are such a good kitty momma to keep such a careful eye on all the kitties and notice changes.

KUDOS for how much you care!!   O:-)

--- End quote ---
Thank you.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version