Message Boards > General Discussion

damn it!

(1/15) > >>

Chanda:
darn it, I got something snatching cats at night; I've lost 3 for sure in the last 4-5 days, and one about a week to ten days prior to that.  the last 3 were snatched from around my feed building, so yesterday I put mesh panels up around the "yard" in front of the building, and a cat still went missing last night (and she's been around a long time and is saavy).   I do need to flip one of the mesh panels over, as the bottom may be too blocked for the cats, as it's the skinny end.  Damn it, this makes me mad and sad.  Always lose favorites to something like this.   I hate to lock them in the feed shed at night, it's just so hot right now, and the shed isn't cooling off like it should; it has a doggy door (cat sized).
I'll admit we have an abundance of barn cats due to drop offs and missed low cost spay/neuter clinics; but I still hate to lose even one, well there are a couple that wouldn't hurt my feeling, but of course they'll be here til the end, crap only happens to the favorites.   Did get that panel flipped over, and may just have to lock them in, but that also means any one I miss is locked out.   There is no evidence of foul play, no piles of hair, no nothing to show something snatched the cats; but it has to be something.  I know we have hawks and maybe owls, but I can't imagine they can swoop and snatch a cat in that small area around my feed building; and you'd think with a coyote and a especially a fox, that there'd be evidence of a snatching.
Feeling a bit bummed out today.

Ryan:
So sorry Chanda , I hope they show up soon  ;pray

Chanda:

--- Quote from: Ryan on August 06, 2019, 07:49:39 PM ---So sorry Chanda , I hope they show up soon  ;pray

--- End quote ---

Thank you.
I wish, but I do not think that is going to happen.   One has been gone nearly 2 weeks.  This past weekend's losses were a cat with a mobility issue (and I though he was getting better, but still couldn't outrun something), a kitten (6-8 weeks old) and grandma kitty (if she could come back we'd be over the moon, she's too feral to be a house cat, but has come around enough to enjoy a few good pets now and again).

Ryan:
Ill give you some hope by saying..... I had a cat before I got my boxer 9 years ago. I only had her about 3 months before my dog arrived. One day the cat just vanished and I was sure she had been taken by a fox or something.

When managing hotels and working night shifts, I returned home one night and was having a night cap of a glass of red. It was so hot and in the middle of summer , that I thought Id have it outside. I was flicking thru my phone and I looked up to see the cat looking at me on the back lawn. This had been about two years since she had vanished.

I still see her every now and then, running thru the back paddocks.

Chanda:
I think you had too much red...   ;)

We do have one cat that goes on walk about every summer for a month or two, the first year she scared the crap of us, but she's been doing it about 6-7 years now.  She doesn't get along very well with many of the other barn cats, but always comes home for winter.
It would be nice if the missing kitties would show up, but I'm two and two for possibilities: two are maybe could happen, two are not likely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version