Message Boards > General Discussion

Meet Sophia...

<< < (2/11) > >>

Ryan:
Congratulations Chanda , She is lovely , she has a beautiful face :)

You may have to find another kind of treat that she will like. I remember my TB arriving and he didn't like apples.

Hope she is settling in well and that she took to the stallion :)

Chanda:
She's been fed alfalfa pellets in the past.   I have alfalfa pellets and a Bermuda/alfalfa blend pellet, so have something to try that I have on hand.
She was not impressed with the extruded feed this morning, so I'll mix some alfalfa pellets in sooner rather than later and see if that gets her going on it.   I think, besides hay and pasture, she's only had alfalfa pellets and a bit of sweet feed (looked like COB).

Chanda:
She was exposed 5/10 to 7/1 2017, so there is potential for a March baby, depending on how long she carries, which could be a tad bit early for spring's arrival around here.   Should be ok, as I can use the calving barn if needed, it's warmer than the horse barn.

Ryan:
Well thats exciting Chanda :)  I have my fingers crossed that she took during that time.

(Ryan rereads the dates after staring weirdly at them for a moment, then realizes its clearly the month/date.)  Here we do the opposite :)

With who she has been exposed too and me not being very good with colour predictions etc , any chance of that buckskin , your dreaming of ?

Anna:
What a lovely little mare Chanda.  :)  Hope she soon gets properly 'settled in' and that she proves to be in foal. Exciting times ahead!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version