Author Topic: Hopeful for 2020  (Read 9166 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Hopeful for 2020
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2020, 04:49:28 PM »
Attitude and temperament are things to look for late in pregnancy. As there is less room in there for the foal to move around, poor mum starts to feel it a bit more. Probably best to hold off on the short rides for now. Her udder looks great and I've seen much smaller at this stage of a pregnancy , so she is doing great. You will notice it go up and down all the time. When shes up and moving around it will go down. After she has been resting or laying down you will notice it fuller. Once you are seeing it stay the same , you know you are getting serious.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2020, 04:52:09 PM »

I had no idea there was so many feral pigs in Texas, bit like our problem here with rabbits. 

very excited for you :)
except rabbits aren't typically dangerous to people.  But, I've heard rabbits are rampant in Oz.

No certainly not dangerous to us humans but what they do to the ground here , causes many broken legs in horses and cattle. I have a shocking problem under some conifer pines. They build 6 story mansions under the ground, its crazy.

Offline elizabeth.conder

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
Attitude and temperament are things to look for late in pregnancy. As there is less room in there for the foal to move around, poor mum starts to feel it a bit more. Probably best to hold off on the short rides for now. Her udder looks great and I've seen much smaller at this stage of a pregnancy , so she is doing great. You will notice it go up and down all the time. When shes up and moving around it will go down. After she has been resting or laying down you will notice it fuller. Once you are seeing it stay the same , you know you are getting serious.

Oh for sure, no rides now. Last one she gave was back in June.
http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1309

Stallion-
RHA Redis Loaded Dice

Mares-
Rocky Top Aristocratic Belle Star
Aristocratic Big City Rhapsody
Aristocratic Big City Flower Power

Gelding-
Little Americas Secrets Crescendo

Offline elizabeth.conder

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2020, 05:12:30 PM »

I had no idea there was so many feral pigs in Texas, bit like our problem here with rabbits. 

very excited for you :)
except rabbits aren't typically dangerous to people.  But, I've heard rabbits are rampant in Oz.

No certainly not dangerous to us humans but what they do to the ground here , causes many broken legs in horses and cattle. I have a shocking problem under some conifer pines. They build 6 story mansions under the ground, its crazy.

We actually used the rabbits in Australia for an example in one of my college classes a while back about how destructive species can be when introduced to a non native habitat. It was shocking!

Stallion-
RHA Redis Loaded Dice

Mares-

Gelding-

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2020, 09:08:06 AM »

Just perfect, Ryan!!  The attitude change is expected and she might change again to be more "needy" -- we'll just have to wait and see!  But an encouraging and positive change! 
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline elizabeth.conder

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
Officially day 300. I think Belle still has a bit. She goes to the vet a week from tomorrow so in the meantime I?m keeping a close eye on her. She?s not moody anymore which is nice. Anyway here are a few pictures. Her bag is growing daily.

Stallion-
RHA Redis Loaded Dice

Mares-

Gelding-

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2020, 06:13:43 PM »
Looks like she is elongating nicely, and bag is good -- nipples not filled yet, so there is some time, since she's being nice enough to "give us" a bag to see.

She's definitely looking good!  You must be very excited!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline elizabeth.conder

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2020, 06:32:15 PM »
I really am! Counting on a few more days so I?m not crazy yet but that?ll come . I think she is ready to lose this weight. She Just wants to stand around now, no interest is running around. And as you can she she has quite the character.

Stallion-
RHA Redis Loaded Dice

Mares-

Gelding-

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2020, 08:01:27 AM »
How cute is that!!

We know, little momma, but get your rest as you're about to be REALLY busy with that little one!!!

Offline Anna

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2020, 03:30:22 PM »
How cute is that? Bless her. She seems to be progressing perfectly and I'm sure you will miss her when she pops off to the vets next week. Hope all goes well and you can welcome her and the new little one back home as soon as possible.

Offline elizabeth.conder

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2020, 08:00:41 PM »
How cute is that? Bless her. She seems to be progressing perfectly and I'm sure you will miss her when she pops off to the vets next week. Hope all goes well and you can welcome her and the new little one back home as soon as possible.

That is the hope! Thankfully the vet is set up where I can go visit her at pretty much anytime.

Stallion-
RHA Redis Loaded Dice

Mares-

Gelding-

Offline Ryan

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2020, 08:12:05 PM »
Fingers crossed for you Elizabeth , ill try to check in over the weekend :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »
How is she ? :)  ;pray

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2020, 08:15:51 AM »
Yes, update please!!   ;pray ;pray

Offline elizabeth.conder

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2020, 04:46:14 PM »
Day 312. We?re in a holding pattern. Not too much change right now. She does have clear milk now. She has really sloppy manure and is still pretty loose in the back end. But still not much development in the udder. The vet decided to ultrasound her again and everything looks good but he does not think she is ?as far a long as we think.? I agree she has a ways to go but I know she?s day 312. That was the last day she was in the pen with Dice and was very much in season. I know she hasn?t been in season since. And she?s VERY VERY obvious when she is in season. Anyway I guess we will see. I am going to be gone for a couple of days so she?ll stay at the vet till I get back and then she?ll come home till she is closer. Here?s a few updated pictures.

Stallion-
RHA Redis Loaded Dice

Mares-

Gelding-