Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

LP Painted Ponys 2017

<< < (2/19) > >>

Chanda:
Wow those girls look really full, already.  When are they due?

dcwolcott:
WOW!  And those pictures are from September???

Fabulous!

paintponylvr:
Taff (silver buckskin in blue panel pen) would be due from end of Dec - middle of March.  Toro in with her from 19 Feb thru 23 March.  Really feeling may be January foal.

Koalah, Tory, Cheri, 'Clipse and K-La were in the pasture when Toro got out of his pen and he ended up running with them from 23 March to 23 July (Have to look up July date).  So Koalah & Tory would be due around the beginning of Feb at the earliest (?)... Remember though that Tory got pretty large in 2015 and then never produced a foal and Koalah almost always looks large (but she DOES look like a true baby bump right now, LOL). 

Cheri and 'Clipse aren't really showing anything and K-la has a larger tummy but not sure she's truly pregnant.  She is also older now and is having some metabolic issues (laminitus) - so not really sure about her.  She has been wormed and I need to see if I can find some liquid Strongid to do a double dose (I don't have enough to do everyone). 

Didn't do pics yesterday - went out late and coughing too hard to hold even my phone steady enuff to take any decent pics. Maybe today?  We'll see.

One last mare was covered only one time (May 20th). Bell covered by Echo.  She was going out and I didn't breed her the next day.  Hope we caught her.  If she comes into season this spring instead of foaling, I'll be putting her with Echo.  Would really like to get another foal out of her and since I never bred her to AJ, breeding her to his son will work!  She will be 25 in May, though, and I usually don't bred too much at that age...  Her full sister has had problems with maintaining pregnancies since 2009 when I purchased her - finally carried one almost to full term in 2013 and then aborted :(   - colt appeared to have died in utero from a severely twisted cord that didn't allow any more nutrition to flow between them.  Bit was very sick for a while and I'm so glad that she was able to deliver the foal - even though dead.  So I've only had 2 foals from Bell.  We shall see...

Holly:
wow ! Seriously they are looking closer than Precious and she is due Jan - Feb.  Have you noticed any udder development in those girls yet? Precious has started the tiniest amount of fullness in the mornings.  I am surprised!!

Ryan:
They are looking great Paula , Koalah looks Huge:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version