Message Boards > General Discussion

Hows the weather ?

<< < (4/24) > >>

Ryan:
Fingers crossed for continued sunshine Chanda :)

Im with you there , not a fan of painting at all.   We just finished putting the first stain onto the front fence and it looks great though it will most likely need another coat when the weather improves.

Chanda:

--- Quote from: Ryan on July 19, 2016, 01:01:29 AM ---Fingers crossed for continued sunshine Chanda :)

Im with you there , not a fan of painting at all.   We just finished putting the first stain onto the front fence and it looks great though it will most likely need another coat when the weather improves.

--- End quote ---
Parts of the west side barely looks like it has one coat, so it definitely needs the second coat.  The afternoon Sun sure gave it a beating.

Chanda:
How do those of you in humid areas handle it?  We usually have a dry heat, which is bad enough; but we've had rain for a week and then the temps jumped 10+ degrees today.  It's just miserable out there for me, I can't handle humidity.   The animals seem to be taking it better than I am.   I was supposed to stain the house today, but it was just humid, there is no way it would have dried.   So, I got practically nothing done today.  [I did dishes and picked up 4 bags of shavings.]

Ryan:
Im at the bottom of Australia so our hotter conditions are dry most of the time. Carly on the other hand is up in the tropical north of the country so Im guessing there is alot more rain during the summer months there.

For me, I try to keep the house as cool as possible by keeping all the windows and curtains closed throughout the day. We just have the one small air conditioner downstairs so I sleep downstairs when the temps are in the high 30 degrees Celsius during the night. Thats the part of summer I dislike the most , the hot nights, cant stand them.

Regarding my Kids, In the Very hot conditions , ill usually move them out of their yards and out the back to they can hang out under the Cyprus trees. Im very lucky as I can dash home if ever required to check on them. Last year the bush fire got a little too close to home for my liking, we had Ariel water bombers taking water from nearby dams and lakes. As i got closer to home My heart skipped a beat into overdrive as I could see the smoke. Never want to experience that again. When i get home first thing I usually do is hose the minis down and then scrape the excess water off.  I also at times add gatorade or powerade into their water.

I have plenty of days like that Chanda, Plan to accomplish so much but the heat puts a stop to it.   ;)

dcwolcott:
It's the humidity I hate in Florida. The heat is bad eno9ugh, but the humidity is killer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version