Message Boards > General Discussion

Got my foal stable mats!

(1/3) > >>

Rocklone:
Got this lot for £30 on a local site. They have been power washed and disinfected, will be put into a disinfected stable and all washed again in prep for the bedding. NOT ENOUGH TIME AHHHHHH

Holly:
I am super Jelly over your stall matts! I would LOVE to add matts to my barn at some point!

Rocklone:
There is a large "anti-stable mat" movement here at the moment. People tend to be trying deep beds more, so getting ride of mats. Obviously deep beds are totally unsuitable to foal on so more mats for me! Just hope there is no lingering nasties on them. Not sure when i should start to bring in, is it better to have routine or let her come in when she wants? But saying that, she never wants to. Shes very anti-human this mare lol

dcwolcott:
I never tried mats, but what do you put on top of them?  Do you bed them with a covering?

Rocklone:
I generally bed on top with about 2 bales but with a large horse about 4 bales is better. It's pretty much just as a normal stable but it's less hard on their legs. Personally I wish I had your sand bottom method!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version