Message Boards > General Discussion

Bye 2017, wish the dog had bit ya AND the door hit ya!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Silver City Heritage Farm:

--- Quote from: Ryan on January 15, 2018, 07:05:13 PM ---Really Need some tissues  :(

Im so sorry (again) BIG HUGS to you  ;pray

--- End quote ---

Thank you Ryan.  It just seemed to get worse, and worse. 

The Wednesday before this happened, I got the test results from my new doctor.  In addition to the auto-immune disease Lupus (which I've known about for years) I also have the auto-immune disease Scleroderma.  Then Friday before this happened, I was at work and got to feeling really horrible.  To the point that I had them call 911, and they toted me off to the emergency room.  I found out the day after this happened, that my daughter had overdosed on her medication and was in the hospital in Tennessee at about the same time I was in the hospital here.  All in all, not the best way to be entering into the holidays.

Fortunately for me, I've never removed my rose colored glasses.  8) 8)  I can find SOMEthing to celebrate in most situations.  In this case, there is the hand of God very obviously moving in part of it.

My daughter is 1/2 of a set of twins. She lives in Tennessee.  Her twin brother is in the Army, stationed in Japan.  Since he's been overseas, we've all had very intermittent contact with him.  Yet, the day she overdosed, he CALLED HER FROM JAPAN, THEN CALLED 911 AND STAYED ON THE LINE UNTIL THE AMBULANCE ARRIVED.  Now, you tell me how he knew his sister was in trouble.  He called her 30 minutes after she took the pills.  Only God could move someone enough to make a call under these circumstances. O:-) O:-)

There you have it, some of the most obvious bad things that happened to me in 2017.  I'm so very grateful Spanky was in his dry lot, and not in the barn where he usually was.  I'm grateful I listen to the Spirit and go where he tells me, even if I don't understand.  After all, if I didn't have Drake, Spanky would have been in the barn.  I'm grateful my son listened to the Spirit and called his sister.  Otherwise, he'd have no sister, I'd have no daughter, and my grandson would be without his mom.

There's more, like all people have.  A divorce for my daughter due to domestic violence.  My niece suffering from stomach issues that we can't pin down.  Learning to live with Scleroderma, and admitting my physical limitations. 

That's why, when 2017 left, I stayed home alone while my family went to other of our family's house to ring in the New Year.  I said my prayers of thanks, then told 2017.

"Get out of here, I hope the door hits ya where the dog shoulda bit ya.  And the dog should bit while the door was hittin' ya."

dcwolcott:
I don't even have words to say after reading all of this.  I'm so, so sorry that 2017 was such a horrid year, but as you said, the Lord is in control, and thank God your son followed the leading.

Praying for your health, and the start of a much better year for you and your family.   ;pray ;pray ;pray

Silver City Heritage Farm:
More prayers for us please.  ;pray

Our nephew was hit by a car and died Saturday night at 10:30 p.m.

We've spent the week planning his vigil for this Friday night into Saturday morning, and doing all that's necessary to return his body to El Salvador.

Poor Alexi was only 23 years old.

Pray for me physical strength, I'm about done in and it's only Tuesday. For our family, peace, that we treat each other honorably and with patience and kindness. Ease the pain in our hearts.

Thanks y'all, I very much appreciate your prayers and support. More than you can imagine.

Chanda:
So very sorry for your loss.

dcwolcott:
Lifting you and your family up to Jesus, for healing, peace and the comfort of knowing God has it in control.  Your nephew must have been very special for the Lord to call him home so soon.  Sending prayers and cyber {{{HUGS}}}  ;pray ;pray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version