Message Boards > Follow Our Growing Foals

Little Saffron's Sepsis is NOT gone!

<< < (3/3)

dcwolcott:
I'll let Debbie know we're looking for her!  She's had quite the "ride" this winter, and battling the cold from Lake Erie and the winter all up north are battling!  She's also running about 60+ horses now, so not sure how often she checks on the forum.  But I'll let her know we're looking for her.  I talk to her almost every day!

Chanda:

--- Quote from: dcwolcott on January 08, 2017, 02:37:44 PM ---I'll let Debbie know we're looking for her!  She's had quite the "ride" this winter, and battling the cold from Lake Erie and the winter all up north are battling!  She's also running about 60+ horses now, so not sure how often she checks on the forum.  But I'll let her know we're looking for her.  I talk to her almost every day!

--- End quote ---
Holy Cow, 60+ head of horses; Shayne thinks I've over run with just 12 or so (I need to take a count, I had a high of 16, but lost a couple, sold one, and always want more).

paintponylvr:

--- Quote from: Chanda on January 08, 2017, 02:54:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: dcwolcott on January 08, 2017, 02:37:44 PM ---I'll let Debbie know we're looking for her!  She's had quite the "ride" this winter, and battling the cold from Lake Erie and the winter all up north are battling!  She's also running about 60+ horses now, so not sure how often she checks on the forum.  But I'll let her know we're looking for her.  I talk to her almost every day!

--- End quote ---
Holy Cow, 60+ head of horses; Shayne thinks I've over run with just 12 or so (I need to take a count, I had a high of 16, but lost a couple, sold one, and always want more).

--- End quote ---

Chanda - YOU are so funny!!

But I agree.  The last time I dealt w/ 60 horses every day - I had 12 (on 3-4 acres of pasture - 2 miles from the barn) and the rest were boarders that I cared for at the farm we leased our pasture and mobile home lot from (mobile home lot was on same property as boarding barn & in 2006 became a NICE vet hospital! We had moved in 2004.).  We only had 10-13 stalls full (out of 24) most times - but we were off of a major highway and did overnights for race horses (mostly) and others, too.  One year, we housed part of the Olympic team over the whole weekend as they took a break from traveling.

Now I have 30 head of my own but am working a part-time/full-time job off the property and it's a lot more difficult than i remember - even with them on pasture!  The fall of 2016 was especially rough - had some things go wrong.

Also hoping everything turned out OK with Saffron!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version