Message Boards > Follow Our Growing Foals

High Plains 2020 foals

(1/5) > >>

elizabeth.conder:
As requested here are a few pictures.

elizabeth.conder:
High Plains Blazin Onyx

2 months old yesterday and 23 inches. I think I?m going to keep him for now and maybe show him. Can always sell later.

elizabeth.conder:
High Plains Olympic Flame

6 weeks old and almost 25 inches.

Planning on selling him. Looks like he?ll outgrow is A papers. He?s been a bit of a trouble maker lately. Decided eating sand is a good idea. He actually coliced last week but is doing well now. However he keeps trying to eat sand and unfortunately in west Texas sand is everywhere. I added minerals, but it really appears he?s doing it more for fun. Caught him running around with a stick and glob of dirt the other day so he?s in the stall with only supervised turnout. Vet said he looks great and doesn?t see any cause for any concern other than to wait for him to outgrow this. He?s super sweet though. And I love his fluffy ears.

Chanda:
They are both darling. 
Sorry you are dealing with a sand eater, hopefully he out grows it quickly.

dcwolcott:
Onyx is quite a handsome boy with nice movement.  As to your sand eater, I would suggest you purchase some generic psyllium and throw a teaspoon/tablespoon in his grain every day.  Won't hurt him but will keep him from colicing.  Doesn't let the sand bind them up, it just moves the sand through.  I had one once, and although everyone on the farm had psyllium for a whole weekend once a month, my little guy got a small amount every day until he quit.  Just an idea. 

Handsome boys, but I'm leaning toward Onyx for future showing.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version