Message Boards > General Discussion

It's me again!

<< < (2/10) > >>

dcwolcott:
Thank you, Ryan. It was a good day and had a nice dinner with my son, Jon, and his family (they live locally).

Aaaahhhhh the pictures.  I remember them well, too.  Such beautiful land with the horses all about. Fabulous memories!

Anna:
Hi Ryan - good to 'see' you too. Hope your lot are all doing ok. How was your summer for your laminitic  (sp if there is such a word?) lady. Someone that I correspond with in Aussieland has had a really bad summer with almost a total lack of rainfall which has put their water supply almost to rock bottom. Very worrying for her.
When g/daughter DD gets here in a couple of weeks I will get help with downloading my pictures and should find some to post here. Apart from a few of my golden oldies who are grazing decent grassy fields, the main gang are back down our 'dell' fields for the summer. This means that they have some 15 acres of grass areas with steep woodland down to an open dell basin plus other hilly areas for them to puff up (and race down!) Only one small flat area in the whole 15 acres, plus they have to walk to the furthest point to find the water tank - quite a bit of forced exercise LOL!! Trouble I have is tramping across all my closest fields and then searching through their area to find them! Sometimes I just go there and clap my hands and wait for the charge as they all come rushing from wherever they are hiding, but feel a bit mean as I'm sure they only come coz they think that I'm going to open gates and let them through to pastures new.
We have just done our summer worming stint with them all fighting over it "my turn now" greedy wotsits. We have to be careful not to worm the same horse twice there are so many waiting open mouthed - or struggling to get the wormer tube back out of someone's mouth when they are trying to swallow the whole dam thing! Next couple of weeks will be foot checks/trimming - hoping they haven't been cooling their tooties in the stream/bog area!
Hope you are all ok - speak again soon.

Ryan:
It was a terrible summer and autumn for rain here. We have had quite a bit over the last week, just hoping they are receiving it where its needed most. Our hay prices are terrible here at the moment and the quality is a little meh. Hope your friend here is getting some rain   ;pray

Everyones doing well, my little mare hasnt had any further issues. I just make sure im a little cautious in spring and at the start of autumn ( not that this autumn was an issue due to No rain)

Anna , I gotta know what your worming trick is ? :) Mine give me that "Im outta here look" if they see the paste in my hand.

dcwolcott:
Must be something special, because I never had a horse that stood waiting for wormer!   :o

Anna:
Nothing special although the wormers are supposed to be apple flavoured? They are just greedy wotsits LOL!! Actually they push and shove so much that daughter now goes in the field to worm them and I am relegated to outside the gate handing over the supplies, coz daughter says she's not going to be responsible for scraping me up of the floor when I get flattened - must admit that my balance is not as good as it used to be.
So sorry but I cant offer you any magic solutions to your worming 'problems'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version