Message Boards > General Discussion

LGD

(1/5) > >>

Holly:
I was wondering if anyone  has livestock guardian dogs. If so what kind.

I have one LGD, a Great Pyrenees 10 months old.  He weighs about 100 lbs, and his name is Bear. He is as big as my minis and when standing out with the herd you cant tell if he is a dog or a miniature ( with a lot of hair!)

He takes his job as guardian seriously, but is also a big Love. He adores all his critters, and people. 

He stays with our minis when they are out in the pasture at night, and patrols the yard.  He also takes care of our old german Shepherd dog and our mini dachshund.

Chanda:
We don't, but a neighbor has an Akbash cross to watch their sheep (and the neighbor's property as well, since they tend to wander large areas during their patrols).

Holly:
Yes Bear likes to wander too, we are installing an invisible fence to keep him home. There are people on our street that like to go very fast, dont want him getting hit :)

Ryan:
I have a boxer, wouldnt say she is a guardian for the horses but certainly for our property.

She has the scariest bark but as soon as she starts wagging her tail , you know she is "all talk"

dcwolcott:
What a handsome boy!!!

Yes, Ryan, that tail is certainly a "give away!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version